David's practice focuses on cases where clients have been severely injured or killed by someone else's negligence. David handles cases involving automobile accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home litigation premises liability, toxic tort, etc.
Although most of David's cases settle during litigation, several times each year, David has the opportunity to argue his client's case to a jury or a judge.
During his tenure at Mestemaker & Straub, David has had the opportunity to handle several mass tort cases. In these mass tort cases, David has represented over one thousand clients affected by landfills, industrial fires, leaking underground storage tanks, chemical spills, etc.
• Licensed to practice in Texas State Courts by the Texas Supreme Court.
• Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Southern District of Texas and Northern District of Texas.
• University Of Michigan, B.S. Biology, 1975
• South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, Magna Cum Laude, 1988
• Member , State Bar of Texas since 1989
• Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
• Member, Houston Trial Lawyers Association
• STCL Adjunct Professor
• Lecturer, University Of Houston Law Foundation, CLE-Insurance and Tort Law Topic: Recent Changes in Insurance and Tort Law; 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
• Law School Instructor; 1988-1995
• Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Areas of Practice:
Nursing Home Liability
Auto and Truck accidents
Property and Air Contamination