top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

If I've been injured in an accident, why should I choose Mestemaker & Straub?

The attorneys of Mestemaker & Straub are committed to representing victims of those who inflict injury. We believe in your right to conscientious and devoted legal representation. Our clients include individuals and companies of all sizes. Whatever the nature of your legal matter, we will work hard for you. We offer a free legal advice line to those in Harris County who need legal counseling, guidance or representation.

Does it cost money to hire Mestemaker & Straub?

NO.  It does not cost you any upfront money to hire us if we work on your personal injury claim.  At Mestemaker and Straub, you will not have to pay anything until we get you a settlement from your personal injury claim. If you suffer from a personal injury and want to find out if you should file a personal injury claim, feel free to contact us right now for a free NO obligation consultation.

I've just been in an accident, what should I do?

Find a safe place, contact local authorities, seek medical attention and then contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Houston.  Mestemaker & Straub will be with you every step of the way.  

How long will it take for my case to settle and for me to be paid?

Each auto accident, personal injury claim, etc., are unique and there is no exact timetable, however the experienced team of litigators at Mestemaker & Straub will fight aggressively on your behalf every step of the way.  Our team of lawyers are not shy about filing suit and earning top dollar for your claim.  If you or a loved one have been injured, call us for a free no obligation consultation on your claim today.  

What is Medical Malpractice?

Medical malpractice is a claim made for injury caused by a health-care professional’s failure to render the care that a reasonable health-care professional would provide. This can include failure to provide the care or initiating care that a reasonable health-care professional would not undertake.

How will I be compensated for my personal injury?

There are two types of damages that are recoverable in a personal injury case - compensatory damages and punitive damages. Compensatory damages compensate you for the monetary losses you have incurred, such as past and future medical expenses; past lost wages if you missed work as a result of your injury; future lost wages if your injury has rendered you permanently disabled; and damages for past, present and future pain and suffering, embarrassment, and/or mental anguish resulting from your injury. If you are married at the time of your injury, your spouse may also be able to recover injuries for loss of companionship/consortium and/or loss of household services.

Punitive damages are a type of damages intended to punish the individual or entity that caused your injuries. These damages are only recoverable in rare and/or extraordinary cases where an individual or entity has engaged in outrageous or recklessly indifferent conduct.

Please reload




3100 Timmons Lane

Suite 455

Houston, Texas 77027


Tel:  (888) 995-2993


Contact Us Now

Success! Message received.

bottom of page